25 de enero de 2014

Replying to Man Repeller: Oh No! Mules Again!

Mmmm! Mules. Man Repeller asked about them last week and here it's my response. I like how they look with some clothes and styles. But they are not  made for me. In the late 80’s I remember that the wooden clogs were the shoes hit for one summer. I never got them. At that time, the little fashionista that I had become into was dying for a pair of them. But my mom banned me from that purchase in one go. She stated that they were the most uncomfortable shoes in the world and that I was going to get my ankle sprained. I had to believe her because she was the expertise and she was wearing  really high high-heels. Clogs dream… vanished!

Isabel Marant via Net-a-porter

Around year 2000 a new wave of mules arrived. During my last year in university I bought a pair of black wedge sandals which accompanied me for two summers full of parties with friends, parties at university, farewells, welcomes, thousands of hours of dancing and drinking… Then they came flat mules, high-heeled mules… like really mules… and I bought the flat ones… Man! They’re not for me. My feet start to sweat and the mules become more dangerous than the most vertiginous wedges and high heels. They are only fine if you’re not going to walk… and who has a daily life without movement? Ha!
Sophia Webster via Net-a-porter

¡Mmmm! Mules. La semana pasada Man Repeller preguntaba sobre ellos. Y aquí está mi respuesta.La verdad es que me gusta cómo quedan con la ropa y los diferentes modelos. Pero no están hechos para mí. A finales de los años 80 recuerdo que los zuecos de madera fueron los zapatos “it” de un verano. Entonces, la pequeña fashionista en la que me había convertido se moría por un par. Pero mi madre me prohibió la compra de una sentada. Simplemente argumentó que se trataba de los zapatos más incómodos del mundo y que me iba a hacer un esguince en el tobillo. No me quedaba otra que creerle, porque ella era la experta y llevaba tacones realmente altos. El sueño de los zuecos… ¡esfumado!

Maison Martin Margiela via Net-a-porter
En torno al año 2000 una nueva ola de mules llegó a nuestras vidas. Era mi último año en la universidad y me compré un par de sandalias con plataforma negras. No se separaron de mí durante dos veranos seguidos llenos de fiestas con amigos, fiestas en la universidad, despedidas, bienvenidas, miles de horas de baile y alcohol… Y después llegaron los mules planos, los mules de tacón… lo que vienen siendo mules… y me compré los planos. ¡Buf! No son para mí. Mis pies empiezan a sudar y los mules se vuelven más peligrosos que el tacón y la plataforma más vertiginosos. Sólo se aceptan si no hay nada de caminar de por medio… ¿y quién tiene una vida sin movimiento? ¡Ja!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario